Session Title | OT & SCADA security Practices, OT IT integration
Critical infrastructure, which is primarily OT/ICS related is undergoing a shift from isolated and air-gapped systems to internet / IP connected platforms with cyber security as a key enabler. Observing the common approach to industrial cybersecurity is to protect operational technology (OT) with the same tools and approach as we use when we protect information technology (IT).
"Since the graduation year 2000 with a Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Dr. Mohamed AbdelFattah has been in the IT Industry for more than 20+ years worked exclusively with many Technology providers in Egypt and abroad whose missions are to improve the technology quality of service through improved facilities, services, equipment and education.
To accomplish this, Dr. Mohamed was part of the steering and implementation group of many technology providers, facilities and solutions, His responsibilities heavily utilize Information communication technology for development in healthcare systems HIS, Information Systems / Technology, Networking, Information Security & cybersecurity, Strategic management and Business Analysis, He has acquired as a IT Architecture and - or security-focused consultant for the projects he worked on. In addition, Dr. Mohamed has been doing a freelancer Network, Solution Architecture, Security assessment, Penetration Testing, IT Consulting, Network Security and training work for Several IT Firms in Egypt and Arab countries including Internet Service Providers (ISP), as well as Technical writer at AL Ahram magazine for computer (Loghat Alasr).
In addition Dr. Mohamed is a public speaker on many well-known international conferences such as:
- Arab Security Conference, ASC.
- International Telecommunications Union, ITU.
Dr. Mohamed is currently working as Senior Security Architect at Fortinet.
In his belief of lifelong learning and continuous professional development Mohamed holds:
- Doctorate of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration MBA MIS Management Information Systems
- Fortinet Certified Security Expert NSE 4-7.
- EC| Council Certified Instructor C|EI
- EC| Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer C|CISO
- EC| Council Certified Security Analyst E|CSA
- EC| Council Certified Encryption Specialist E|CES
- EC| Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator C|HFI
- EC| Council Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst C|TIA
- EC| Council Certified SOC Analyst C|SA
- EC| Council Certified Ethical Hacker E|CEH
- EC| Council Certified Network Defender E|CND
- EC| Certified Secure Computer User E|CSCU
- CompTIA Security+ "